Join us for our November 15 Public Meeting: “We All Do Better When We ALL Do Better!”:
WeROC November 15 Public Meeting
Sunday, November 2015, 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Emmanuel Lutheran Church ELCA
201 N. River St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
See attached flyer (PDF)
We’re working along two pathways, and hope that you and your organization will want to help it happen:
- One is our Action Teams, which are off and running as they develop the campaigns that will be the “meat” of the November meeting.
- The other pathway is our large and growing Organizing Committee, charged with comprehensively planning all the tasks we need so we leave the meeting with big successes under our belts.
Join WeROC by attending one of these meetings:
Organizing Committee: Third Thursdays 5:30-7:00
- Thursday October 15, 5:30-7:00, First Congregational UCC, 218 N Adams, Ypsilanti (avoid construction by entering from Washington and Emmet streets).
- Planning the agenda for November 15 and the necessary preparations.
WeROC Meetings of the Whole: First Thursdays, 5:30-7:15 pm
- November 5 (location TBA)
And here’s what’s shaping up for the Action Teams, who are working on specific issues for the November 15 meeting:
Education Action Team
Chair: Rev Jeff Harrold
The Education Subteam works on reducing school suspensions.
- Next Meeting: TBD
The “School-to-Prison Pipeline” Subteam
Chair: Lois Richardson
The “School-to-Prison Pipeline” Subteam connects school attendance with avoiding the criminal justice system.
- Next Meeting: TBD.
Economic Dignity for Working Families Action Team
- Next meeting: Thursday, October 8, 6:30-7:30, First Congregational UCC, 218 N Adams, Ypsilanti (avoid construction by entering from Washington and Emmet streets)
- Earned Sick Time Subteam (statewide ballot initiative and local connections)
- Regional Transportation Subteam