Dear WeROC Members, Friends, Supporters…
First, WeROC (virtual!) June Meeting of the Whole will be at 5:30-7:00 pm Thursday June 4 — we hope you’ll join us with the link below.
This heartless virus can take away away lives and livelihoods and our sense of stability; it can keep us away from each other; and it can give us all lessons in what real leadership looks like. (Elections really do matter, yes?!).
- But it can’t keep us from finding creative ways of collectively using our hearts and our minds to “triage, transition, AND transform”! WeROC is so blessed at this time to have access to resources through MOSES and local and statewide allies to make a real difference together for the better.
Here are some things you can do right now that will help us all leverage the great power we have when we’re together, even now.
- Please take this poll to help us understand the different ways the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting different individuals and groups, and what you think we might do together as WeROC in the coming months.
- If you haven’t already, please help us gear up to engage the WeROC community by replying to this email with your first and last names, your best email, your best phone number (textable if possible), and your mailing address.
- Additionally, WeROC (with MOSES) is using the Outvote app to help us all do powerful “relational organizing,” including around local COVID-19 issues and the upcoming elections. If you haven’t already, please download the Outvote app to your phone or device.
- Once you have it, search for and connect to the MOSES campaign.
- Then watch for specific WeROC actions to easily share with your family, friends, and members of your congregation/union/organization/network. We’ll be devoting much of the June 4 meeting to learning more together about Outvote.
So…disrupted as our lives are, please plan to attend the June 4 WeROC Meeting of the Whole at the link below. Let’s all get better at using using the tools and resources available to us to maximize our collective power together, even from home.
WeROC June Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 843 7683 7395
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,84376837395# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,84376837395# US (Chicago)
Physically distancing; socially connecting!
Contact: Tad Wysor, WeROC Organizer and MOSES Liaison (734-883-3225)
Check out our new, improved Website: werocmi.org — especially our regularly-updated section on local “COVID-19 Resources.”
And follow and like us at Facebook.com/werocmi.
NOTE! One more easy action we can take together THIS WEEK: Join folks all around Washtenaw in signing up for the COVID-19 Five-Day Equity Challenge from the Washtenaw County United Way. COVID-19 is exposing the inequities deeply rooted in Washtenaw County.
- Daily emails 5/25-5/29 will invite us to explore and confront bias and privilege, on our own and with friends and family. Sign up here.